Georgy Zhukov: «Hope to bring benefit to the club»
First interview from Kazakhstan midfielder as an FC Kairat player.
- Georgy, congratulations on signing the contract. How do you feel?
- I am very happy to join FC Kairat. I was already in touch with the club this summer, but at that moment I decided that it will be good to gain experience abroad playing in Russia. All this time I was in touch with scouting department and President Kairat Boranbayev, we have discussed this transfer a few times. I am very happy to be part of Kairat.
- Why have you decided to sign for FC Kairat?
- It is a very ambitious club with a great history behind. I believe in this project, would like to be part of it and bring benefit to the club.
- You have not played in Kazakhstan Premier League for a year now. Did you follow Kazakhstan football? Has something changed?
- Yes, I have always followed Kazakhstan Premier League. Not a lot has changed to be honest, Kairat and Astana - two leaders, just like Real Madrid and Barcelona in Spain.
- This year you played in Netherlands and Russia. What benefit did you get out of playing in those championships?
- I was lucky to play quite a few games, I think, I needed this experience. I played in several championships and can judge on the level of any them. Such experience of playing abroad, of course, will be beneficial for me in the future.
- What goals do you have for yourself in the new club?
- Goal – to be a champion. Apart from that, we need to get into the group stage of UEFA Champions League and win the national Cup. My personal goal – to be constantly in the starting XI and progress further. Kairat has very strong midfielders, but I am not afraid of competition and hope to bring benefit to the club.